Saturday, March 23, 2013

Linda's Quilt

 This is the quilt made for my friend and co-worker Linda. As some of you know my Dad went through cancer, lukemia to be exact and when I heard the news the only thing I could think to do was to make him a quilt. I prayed over the quilt that it would give him comfort as he went through treatment. A few weeks ago Linda shared with us that she will be going through treatment as well for a different type of cancer and again thought of a quilt. Now I have to give God the glory on the design of this quilt because I remember thinking and believe he was telling me to use his word as a shield and how I could stitch bible verses of strenghth and healing in this quilt.
 So each color square has a verses stitched into it. Some of them from co-workers and some from my journal when Dad was going through treatment.
 Some were new to me that I looked up on the internet and read in the bible.
And one of my favorites- " When you go through deep waters, I will be with you" Isaish 43:2

Linda called me yesterday when her quilt was delivered and she loves it. I hope to personally hug her Monday. Please lift her up in prayer. It works!!!!

2 comments:

  1. It is a wonderful quilt, how special to have the word of God right there on the squares! Linda will be blessed many times over, as she keeps those verses in her heart. It's lovely ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete