Monday, January 28, 2013
I did my first ever two hour spin class yesterday and I did not throw up or faint I am pleased to report. I did however take a two hour nap afterward that made going to sleep last night a little tough. Went to church Saturday night also. We are reading Daniel. So good. A great testament of faith in all kinds of situations. The message I took from it was " The way you live your life is impressive" Be the light in a world of darkness. Something to think about. Happy Monday to you all.
Saturday, January 26, 2013
If I'm at the gym I'm not shopping or eating.
If I use it more I will get greater bang for my buck.
The girls and I can use the pool in the summer.
Going to the gym will help with activity points with WW
Will help me get in shape and loss this weight
Improves my overall health
Budgeting and paying off debt, paying cash for everything feels a little like being grounded right now. NO JOKE! I am going through with drawls of spending the money I used to at the grocery store for goodness sake. I have come up with a list of things to do to keep me busy that don't cost money. Thank the Lord for my job- my stash of fabric- my neighborhood and puppies to walk with and now my gym membership. Please share any ideas you have of having fun without spending money. I would really like to get into hiking with the family, if only they would cooperate. Have a good weekend. I plan of going to the gym, church and quilting.
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
One of my goals is to pay cash for everything and pay down debt. Dave Ramsey says that paying off debt is 20%know how and 80% behavior. Good stuff.
Monday, January 21, 2013
Along with three scarves I also made a birthday present. I can't show you the whole thing or it would give it away.
I so enjoyed the extra day off and got some cleaning done- car, garage, closet and frig.
Went to cycling class twice this 3 day weekend too. Looking forward to a 4 day work week and then it's the weekend again. I'm like a kid with weekends- a whole new appreciation of them.
Did you have a good weekend?
Saturday, January 19, 2013
It has been said that I can be a bit stubborn. Shocking huh?
One of my co-workers gave me a book to read and I cannot put it down. It is based on the Lord's Prayer. One of the first steps to living the Lord's Prayer daily is faith. Faith in God, faith in yourself and faith in others. Faith in God- check. Faith in myself.......what? I think on that a while and discover -wow -I don't have faith in myself to follow through with some of these goals. One of the quotes of this book said "When you ignore the tapping of God sometimes God hits you with a 2 x 4 across the head" and I laughed out loud. Oh, you were talking to me. I'm listening now.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Did that make ANY sense? I am so tired and it is before coffee, before work. I promise to wake up soon:)
Sunday, January 13, 2013
The search is on for the perfect cinnamon roll recipe. One of the things on the list this weekend.
Took down the Christmas Tree- check
Went to church- check
Got Avery's sport physical- check
Made sisters b-day gift- check
Took cycling class- check
Hope you are all having a wonderful relaxing weekend. Shoot me a comment on your favorite cinnamon roll recipe. This is the kind of research I enjoy:)
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Look at this card given to me by my mom. It was a Thank You card for our prayers for Papa and the quilts I made for her and
papa. The card was made by my parent neighbor at the park where they were staying for Dad's treatment. She makes these handmade card and with this one it looks like she pulled out every trick in the book. Lovely.
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
This weekend already is taking shape, these girls keep us busy. Got to get the tree down. Got to do some laundry. Got to quilt and got to watch some football. Got to go to cycling class. Got to go to church. Got to pay some bills. That's a lot of Got to's huh? That's ok. I'm thankful for them. What are you all doing this weekend?
Monday, January 7, 2013
pulled these out after work together and put a few things together for later.
Had a great day back at work. It was nice to see everyone and find out how there break was. Tomorrow the kiddos return and I'm sure I will be hopping at that front desk
Went to Target tonight with a gift card I got from redeeming credit card points. We are not using credit in this new year. Got stuff for lunches this week and a five dollar gift card for combinding deals. Whoot Whoot!
Happy Monday ya'all
Sunday, January 6, 2013
These are for our 3 band teachers at school as a Thank You for thinking of me during Christmas. This seems to be the perfect size of project for me. I can get them done in a day. I found the sayings on Pinerest. They are going to their new homes tomorrow. Hope they like them:)
Saturday, January 5, 2013
1. 500 miles - I started this last year and actually made this goal. I walked 500 miles last year and I want to do the same this year.
2. 2000 miles- Of cycling- I re-found the love I have for cycling/spin classes.
3. Pay off 4 credit cards- I won't go into how much debt we have, but I have been researching how to pay off debt and every blog, article, or pin I've read mentioned Dave Ramsy and the Total Money makeover. I bought the book (used for 3dollars) So my goal for this year is to pay off four of my credit cards. 1 down 3 to go.
4. Have 1,000. in my savings by the end of the year.
5. Watch my mouth- I have a potty mouth- HUGE!!!!!
6. Be in my bible daily. This helps with all the other goals and puts my heart in the right direction.
7. Be an intentional wife and mother. Family Life radio talks about being intentional in your daily walk and I didn't really think about what that meant until recently. Making the most of each moment with my husband and daughters. ( I would add sister and daughter to that too)
8. Be grateful for everything God has given me and to remember that things happen for a reason
9. Say Thank You!!! Along with that is being postive with the people that are put in my path.
10. Treating my body like the temple of God. That means not using food as a drug. No stress eating, emotional eating. Looking for happiness and comfort in food.
11. Follow the Weight Watcher plan. It works when I use it.
12. Bring my body weight down by 10 percent. So many health benefits to doing this.
13. Last but not least- Blog more. Share more. Create more. Cook more. All tied in together.
Friday, January 4, 2013
I'm not sure what is going on with Blogger and why I can't upload my photos from my computer and have to go this round about way to post on my blog. Any ideas people?
Anyway, we are at the last day of break and the girls and I made cinnamon rolls from scratch- AHHH I'm so full. They were good.
These are the last few mug rugs I put together during break. I didn't get most of the quilting done I wanted to but we sure did relax.