Sunday, November 3, 2013

A dog named Nana

I mentioned that my Nana passed. She passed on Saturday and two days later I found this creature in the staff parking lot at work. I took her to the vet to see is she was microchipped and she was not. She had a collar but no tag. I took her home. I put out information on the internet and put up signs and made an announcement at school. I found her family. They came and got her and four days later they asked if I wanted her. I have wanted a big dog for a while- they make the best walking buddies. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Jack and Charlie, but after two miles their little legs are ready to give out. So after much thought and prayer Nana is now ours. Nana to honor my grandmother who I still have a hard time believing is gone and because the dog in Peter Pan was named Nana. My goal is to train her to be a therapy dog. I have a lot of work ahead of me. She is only a year old. I was right about a walking buddy this week  I have walked 38 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment