Tuesday, July 7, 2009

One turned into Two

So, this is the first idea of my owl quilt. Each center has one of the wise owls in it and then I did a log cabin around them. Some ended up being bigger than others because why would I want to use a pattern? or measure? that is just restricting. So I put it together like a puzzle and this is what I got. Now to do the back...... I used all the scraps I had and did strips of 1 inch, 2 inch and 2.5 inch widths. I had one log cabin left over so throw that in too, gather all the fabric I used in the top and this is what you get. I liked it so much that I decided to turn it into another quilt top. So now backs are almost done and then I can sandwich and quilt. Although my sewing time has really taken a hit now that the kiddos are out of school ,so maybe it will get done in this lifetime.


No comments:

Post a Comment