Saturday, October 24, 2009

Halloween Quilt in the making

While my parents were here and the sewing machine remained in the lower level I stitched these guys getting ready for the Halloween season. I've seen some really cute Halloween Quilts on Flickr and wanted one of my own. I love the wonky log cabin, although I make the biggest mess doing it, with fabric everywhere. There is a smile on my face, so we will just ignore the mess for now. I have two more of these type of blocks to make and then 7 of the alternating block made up of some yummy owl halloween fabric. Makes me "tee hee" just thinking about it.

On another quilt note.....I have the wonky horse quilt sandwich put together and just have to quilt it and bind it and it will be ready to go. I think after much debate and thought, I will do a loopy free motion with a tan thread. I hope this turns out. I've enlisted the queens to help me put the quilt sandwiches together and it is so helpful, less frustrating and turns out better- so a family event.

No comments:

Post a Comment