Sunday, July 8, 2012

Across the Pond and Around the Bend

 I was busy yesterday. Sewing to my little heart content. This little treasures are for a quilt bee I am in called- you guessed it- "Across the Pond and Around the Bend". I am in a group that does Free Form Quilting. You start with a 12.5 block and it travels, well Across the Pond and Around the Bend and each person adds to it as they wish and send it on. LOVE IT!!!! The quilt top pictured above is for our friend Lynz in Scotland. It's all castles and dragons and whimsy yumminess. I added the graassy bottom in my fav fabric line Hope Valley.
 A week later I get Trudi's quilt top. It's theme is floral, scrappy and again anything goes.
The first thing I noticed was this quilt needed some volumne so during pool time I stitched flowers that were from her inspiration fabric and then went about finding fabrics that would add nicely. We have hedghogs and birds, not to mention flowers. It's going to be a lovely quilt.

Cant wait to see these two finished. We have one more month of this swap and then I will get my scrappy star quilt. Tee hee can't wait. By the way, just so you know, it's never a good idea to start quilting before your first cup of coffee. I may have ironed my fingers this morning. Well I tried anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment