Friday, October 10, 2014

Stitching not spending

 We are on fall break now and it is a struggle not to spend money.  I had to stop the bleeding after the Nana bill so I am going on a spending diet. Every bit as painful as a food diet. The stores have sales going on, the balloon fiesta is happening, hubby has been out of town, girls love to shop.....know what I mean?
 So I have been distracting myself with stitching
 I have been playing with scraps and linen. These will be mini quilts or mug rugs.
Fall break lesson#1 we went out to Wecks for breakfast yesterday just the girls and I. They orders pancakes and bacon and I ordered a veggie bowl. Total spent 40.00 with tip(crazy expensive)..... This morning homemade breakfast with thick cut bacon and pancake batter around it and pure maple syrup- the real stuff. Flavor like crazy, not a ton of people, made it together and bonded while doing it. 17.00 dollars for ingredients. Homemade wins!!!! We are making homemade chicken noodle soup tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I am on a money diet also. Going out to dinner has gotten expensive, groceries are out of control also.

    ReplyDelete