Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day Trip and Happy Mail



SO the family and I took a day trip yesterday to see Sheperdstown, WV. What's in Sheperdstown? We didn't know, but had heard it was a neat place to go and walk around. It's about a hour from us, so off we went. The drive was beautiful. I don't think we could have had a better day with the sun and bright blue skies and temps near perfect. We got up there and parked and walked around. We went into the visitors center and asked what to see and do. We got maps and brochures. We went into one or two shops. I took some pictures going at a run (because my pace is much slower than the rest of my family). We didn't know that it was a college town. It had a feel of young and eclectic with all different types of shops for tourist and college alike. Lots of older buildings - some in great shape, others not. As we got back in the car to search for a lunch spot we ended up making a big circle going up to Martinsburg to Charles Town and then back home. Some good family time.
The second picture is my happy mail from Tammy for our "fabric and chocolate swap". This is the third time that Tammy and I have been paired together and we laughed about that. I'm pacing myself with the chocolate and having nibbles here and there. As for the fabric, it has gone into the stash to be used when I have a wonderful brainstorm. Thank you Tammy!
I spent about two hours ironing and organizing rows to sew for the coin quilt. Holy Moses! Who would have ever thought I would pick up a iron? Had to be done to make the sewing easier. I don't know when I'm going to get to that. I started to embroider the cheerleader for my sister's bag last night and I'm having thought swirling in my head over that one. Colors, fabric, size...... You get something in your head and as the process goes you see things change and it gets a life of it's own. Often I'm every bit as surprized when it is done as the person I'm making it for.
Might get some sewing in today, might not. We'll just have to see. We have friends coming down from NY this Tuesday and we are excited for that.
Take care and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment