Thursday, April 2, 2009

swappie goodness out

Me oh my. I forgot all the swaps I signed up for. The two main ones were the Easter swaps I did with the kids. Those are the two big boxes. The others are fat quarter swaps. I have one more swap this month and then nothing for now. So my stuff is out and now we wait for the fun mail to arrive.

So.... want to hear about the jungle blanket? huh do you? Not showing you anything yet. I've got the top and the bottom made and have made my quilting sandwich. Now I just have to stretch and pin it, tie it off - using the tie method not quilting by machine because OMG it is too big. Then I have to put a binding on it. Along with that I have to figure out a birthday present for a soon to be 8 yr old girl. Any thoughts?

Queen 2 had her first tennis group with the 10-14 yr olds this afternoon. She is only 9, but is so totally cool they let her in. She is the smallest peanut out there with the tallest being a 14yr old boy who she may reach up to his mid chest. She did good. Handled herself well and hit the ball. It is much faster pace drills with lots of running so it is more demanding, but I was proud of her.

I don't know if it's spring blooms or a storm system coming in but my head has been rocking all day. I finally got some drugs on the way home from tennis and it is such a relief to feel human again.

I got to play bus captain today. The girls bus broke down at our busstop and the poor bus driver is trying to talk in the radio and quiet the kids at the same time. I got on the bus and got the kids quiet. Another bus came to pick them up and take them home about 10 minutes later. That really helped the headache, let me tell you.

So that's what is up with me. What's up with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment