Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Plum Tree

I have had this idea for a few months now, just needed the time to do it. This quilt is traditionally pieced on the sides and then I used the ticker tape approach for the tree and leaves. Lots of fun to do. Ok I won't lie, I was cussing at the machine a bit sewing down all those leaves. The result was worth it. I used a glue stick to hold the leaves in place. That helped too along with the cussing. Fabric was scraps given to me by my friend Dolores. She also led the ticker tape round in the Old Red Barn Quilt Along Flickr group. I love the end result.

So what are you working on?

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! The colors play so nice together & I really like the pieced sides too. Well, darn, I just like the whole thing, what was I saying? LOL

    ReplyDelete