Saturday, May 9, 2009

Things I saw....







As some of you may or may not know, I have been trying to walk more. I walk a 2.5 mile loop in the neighborhood. Some days I'm "wahoo a walk" and others I'm "hmmmm a walk" Yesterday was a hmmm day. So to make it fun for myself I took my camara and took a few pictures. The pics above are what I saw. Fun huh?
I haven't been posting as much lately because I think I've been doing more. I'm working on quilting Gracie Lou's quilt- my first attempt at free motion quilting. I'm doing one square at a time.
I also signed up to do a 6 to 12 inch mini quilt swap. The theme is "two color". I was sketching last night and think I have come up with something. Big pressure to do a good job. Most of these women and a few men are amazing quilters. Such technique. I'll post that after my partner gets it. Don't want to spoil the surprize.
Everything is good here. It will be great once the construction is done next door. They started banging nails at 6:40 am yesterday. It's a good thing we get up early for school. I came home yesterday to a big hole in my front yard- digging for some utilities. Good thing we didn't seed the grass because it's dirt now. It will all get fixed.
I went out to the barn yesterday to be the cow whisperer. I got to ride two horses to warm them up- Playboy and Squirt. That was a lot of fun. Love the horses!!!!! I went out and checked on Daisy who is still holding onto that baby. I rubbed her belly and told the baby we were waiting. Daisy liked the scratching on her underbelly.
I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend with my family. Happy Mothers Day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment