Friday, February 6, 2009

The Ladies Lunch

From Left to Right- Darice,Sharon,Jennifer,Sue,Ruth, and Vivian




I had a lovely time with my first Ladies lunch at the manor. I walked four miles this morning to keep myself calm. (Iget so excited and nervous)I made Tortellini soup, Darice brought a salad, Jennifer brought rolls, Sue brought drinks, Sharon brought a cake for all the Jan/Feb birthdays, Ruth made a yummy bread and cookies and Vivian made a spring roll starter. It was so nice to catch up with everyone. It had been about three months since I'd last seen them. We are planning another lunch in March.
Tortellini Soup
1 pound Italian sausage browned and drained of fat
remove meat and add
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic minced
cook until tender
2 boxes of beef broth
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup sliced celery
2 cups stewed tomatoes
1 T dried basil
1Tdried oregano
put all the above in one pot and bring to boil than reduce and reduced to simmer -cook uncovered for 30 minutes
Add 1 package of frozen cheese tortellini 16.oz simmer 45 minutes covered
Serve with grated parmesan cheese and crunchy bread

No comments:

Post a Comment